Laos: 2 days Mountain Biking around Luang Prabang and "Fair Trek" Luang Prabang
On a smooth 2 day biking tour around Luang Prabang you will find yourself in remote Laos countryside and lush nature. Our "Fair Trek" guides will bring you into the small villages along the way and help you understand the simple life. Your host family welcomes you for an overnight stay in a Khamu community. Share life with this people and take back wonderful memories...
Price in Join IN USD 118.00
Travel No. 14117
You can find these and other travels under the following categories:
2 DAY Cycling and Village Experience
with "Fair Trek" Luang Prabang
- Mountain biking adventure on dirt roads, single trails and experience the vast Laos landscape
- Visits to the Nam Khan valley and nature
- Authentic interactions with Khamu and Hmong people in different villages
- Countryside exploration with waterfalls and unique nature settings.
- Evening activities and overnight stay in Khamu Village family home stay.
Itinerary for this biking tour around Luang Prabang:
Day One (biking 5-6 hours )
With professional mountain bikes, ascend and descend through the Laos countryside. Stop in sights of interest such as villages, forests, waterfalls and lunch at Khamu Village. Extended visit around the village and cycling on small trails to another Khamu community.
Dine with villagers and enjoy cultural activity or the life style in the community. Rest peacefully at a comfortable guest house and try some Lao whiskey.
Day Two (biking 4+ hours)
Enjoy breakfast and set out for a nice drive along a river bed and on to the Nam Khan river. Visit local villages along the way, cross a river and a short visit to the magnificent Tad Sae Falls for a frolic in the refreshing water or in river. Enjoy your ride home into town either via a good road or on a small dusty back road, its your choice!
- Start around 8:30 a.m. from Fair Trek head office
unless you have booked with pick up service
- Bike and gear rental - mountain bike tour
- Knowledgeable, local English speaking guide
- Lao Loum and Lao Theung village encounter
- Local river boat services
- Food in local village, fruit, drinking water
- 'Fair Trek' village fund contributions
- Waterfall visits along the way Tad Sae
- entrance fees, local permission, taxes