Laos: 3 day Elephant, Biking, Trekking, Kayaking combination daily from Luang Prabang
Another fantastic FairTrek combination highlighting biking adventures, Elephant interactionr, home stay in remote villages, trekking and kayaking...in the beautiful mountain surrounding of Luang Prabang. The wonderful nature sights and cultural specialties are discovered in an active way. Beautiful landscapes, natural environment, activity and relaxation makes this tour a great experience. Luang Prabang Mountain bike tour, Elephant riding, trekking, kayaking a highlight in Laos
Travel No. 12251
You can find these and other travels under the following categories:
Active Explorer Tour around Luang Prabang - Laos
Luang Prabang Adventure tour package
Mountain biking / Elephant Interaction / Trekking / River Kayaking around Luang Prabang
- a 3 day adventure combination with community based tourism project -
A relaxing three day adventures trip into nature and to beautiful sights and to local people and minorities around Luang Prabang.
Soft mountain bike ride to the Elephant Village and hike to small villages in great nature setting. Ride an Elephant in the Elephant Park Project area and experience Lao hospitality on your home stay night. The hike is part of the "Fair Trek" project and every visitor helps to support the village community.
A relaxing kayaking tour on Nam Khan river brings you back to Luang Prabang...
This trip in a short description:
First day of this adventure:
- Hotel pick up in Luang Prabang, depart 8:30
- Mountain bike tour to the Elephant Village
- Visit Ban Phanom weaving village along the way
- Visit Henry Mouhot gravesite along the way
- Visit the Wat Pa Phon Phao (buddhist monastery)
- Hike/Trekking to a secluded Lao village
- Overnight in local village and at host family
Second day on your trek:
- More Trekking and village visits
- Interaction with local people along the way
- Mountain trails, Hmong and Khamu village
- Jungle and great vistas
- Overnight in second village or optional in Zen Namkhan or LaoSpirit Resort
(with surcharge for Lodge or Resort overnight stay)
Third day of this adventure:
- Elephant experience in Elephant Village
- Elephant ride on Elephant trail and waterfall visit
- swim, relax and enjoy
- small river motorboat trip
- Instructions and Kayaking back to Luang Prabang
1. Day: Mountain bike tour to Elephant Village & village visits
Commence this mountain bike tour from Luang Prabang with a short visit to the Wat Pa Phon Phao, a quiet monastery with a wonderful golden stupa. Next stop is in Ban Phanom, a well known cotton and silk hand-weaving village (Lao Lum). We continue on to the grave of Henri Mouhot, the popularized French discoverer of the Angkor Ruins who died here in 1861. After visiting these abandoned quarters juxtaposed the running water of the Nam Khan, we follow a dusty country road to the wonderfully located Elephant Village. In this spiritual place with a view to the jungle and a towering rock face, we will enjoy our lunch. Our break of relaxation prepares us for the next leg of the journey, the walking trip from the Adventure camp along an easy single track, traversing rice paddy fields and terraced slopes toward the peaceful villages. We are becoming cognizant of the life of rural Lao Tung (Khamu) people. In the late afternoon we either arrive in our overnight village or home stay. - L,D -
2. Day: Luang Prabang Full day Trekking:
villages, culture, mountains, great vistas
After breakfast our journey will go on with some more trekking. Careful not to disrupt the serenity of this isolated village, we can observe the locals as they carry out their daily tasks, taking note that foreigners still remain a novelty. The charming villagers are as curious about its observers as you are about them. In the late afternoon we will arrive the Khamu village where we stay for overnight. We visit, Khamu, Lao and Hmong villages... walking time about 5-6 hours in total - B,L,D
3. Day: Elephant Experience day - Kayaking on Nam Khan river...back to Luang Prabang
After a wonderful breakfast we will meet the protected Asian Elephants and will learn some things about these amazing animals. A relaxing 1 hour Elephant ride on the back of our Elephants at the Elephant Village will take you into the countryside. Hang out, have lunch and enjoy the unique scenery in this great area of natural beauty.
The afternoon is the last highlight on this tour with our water excursion on the Nam Khan river with a kayak. The river is easy to paddle and offers only a few grade 1-2 rapids.
The countryside on our paddling trip is dense with banana and teak trees, rice paddies and terrace pineapple plantations. Pass handfuls of isolated Lao Loum and Theung thatched roofed villages, and don´t be shy to practice your Lao by shouting out a sabaaidii at the smiling children... after about 3 to 4 paddling hours (depending on river speed and starting point) we arrive Luang Prabang in the afternoon...
- B,L -
Included on this Luang Prabang adventure tour:
- Equipment (kayaks, dry bags, helmet, life jackets...)
- Overnight in village home stay, community payment, village fund
- Biking rental fees
- English speaking guides with licence
- Helping guide(s) where/if needed
- Fresh food and drink (water, tea, coffee)
- Entrance fee and permissions and village project contributions
- Elephant Trek - Elephant riding at Elephant Village
- Lao style Village Trekking
- Boat Transfers as needed
- Kayaking activities on Nam Khan river
- Project contribution fees for "Fair Trek"
- Car Transfer back into town
Discounts for groups and for low season - please ask
-- please note --
that changes in time and itinerary (trails, walking hours) may appear at any time according to unforeseen conditions. The Tad Sae waterfall is dry during the period of February and August! Tour requires normal fitness and can be adjusted according to person request in time of booking.